Who do you Help?
The Customer Segments Building Block defines the potential groups of customers your enterprise plans to serve. Customer groups are in different segments if their needs require a specific offer. Some customers are reached through different channels of distribution, require different relationships, or are willing/able to pay more/less for different parts of your product/service.
As described by Osterwalder & Pigneur, there are different types of Customer Segments:
- Mass Market: One large group with broadly similar needs and problems
- Niche Market: Tailored to specific specialized customers
- Segmented: Different parts to specialize on segments with slightly different needs
- Diversified: Unrelated Customer Segments with very different needs
- Multi-sized Markets: Two or more independent Customer Segments
- For whom are we creating value?
- Who are our most important customers?
Conduct some research on Customer Segments: